Garant Business Solutions. Your success is in our best interest! We are a group of highly skilled professionals who think outside of the box. We streamline processes and take care of all: Accounting, Financial Planning & Reporting, ERP implementation, and Organizational Development with the help of AI and creative thinking.
Job position description:
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for payroll and commission calculations as well as month-end close tasks and ad hoc projects. The Staff Accountant specializes in working with our Clients software systems in calculating employees compensation who are paid via commissions and fixed salaries. The Staff Accountant will also perform month-end closing activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews and reconciles the commission and checks reports for accuracy;
- Checks timecards for hourly employees and calculates bonuses;
- Sends payroll reports to partners and branch managers for approval;
- Processes semi-monthly payroll (via payroll processing service);
- Receives changes from HR and makes sure those are reflected in the payroll run;
- Reconciles payroll and makes corrections as needed;
- Makes sure payment to retirement savings plans (401k) is remitted timely;
- Answers questions via phone calls, emails, and/or other forms of communication from branch representatives and/or employees;
- Resolves to report and pay issues and communicates such issues, in a timely manner;
- Reviews year-end wage and tax summary reports (W-2s);
- Develops, reviews, and updates payroll documentation including procedures, guidelines, and other documentation for the area of responsibility;
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential;
- Performs month-end closing entries;
- Assists Controller with preparation of financial reports;
- Handles various ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in an international environment
- Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.)
- Desire to continue to grow through continuing training
- Basic knowledge and understanding of payroll and compensation plans
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines by working remotely
- Demonstrated experience learning and applying procedures quickly
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
What company offers:
Possibility to work from home (for management purposes, candidates from Klaipeda and Vilnius would be preferred).
Ar pozicija atvira lietuviškai nekalbantiems kandidatams? taip