Whatagraph is the go to platform for brands and agencies to simplify their marketing data monitoring and reporting. Our platform is a unique pain-killer with a clear vision - everyone can be a data scientist. Forget BI, forget analytics tools - Whatagraph is here to eliminate abstract data overload and help get actual insights that guide data-backed business decisions.
With an expansion of our team, we are looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to take the lead of our Engineering team and help oversee processes and delivery aspects of the platform. You will be working with 2 product managers and 11 engineers and hiring many more to deliver best in class solutions that respond to the business objectives and help achieve key metrics.
This is a great opportunity for someone who comes from a tech background, possesses exemplary knowledge of cloud-based platforms (AWS, GCP), and has a deep understanding of software and data engineering (agile processes, release management, version control, ETL pipelines). If you are ready to work on an innovative and successful SaaS platform in an experienced team that will feel you welcome from day 1, this could just be your perfect career move.
This position can be remote, so feel free to apply if you are +/- 2 hours from the EET time zone.
In this role you will
- Work closely with the CTO and Product Managers to influence and build product roadmap
- Oversee frontend and backend engineering teams and provide day to day operational support and technical guidance
- Identify team hiring needs and work closely with the hiring manager to source, hire and train new talent
- Together with the CTO, develop scalable technology strategy and architecture
- Ensure proper change management policies are in place
- Maintain a high bar in Whatagraph feature quality, making sure it is measured and backed by data
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
- Oversee internal team training, development and motivational needs
We are looking for someone who
- Has 5+ years of experience in managing technical teams of 10+ people
- Has 3+ years of hands-on experience in an engineering role
- Has extensive knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS / GCP)
- In-depth knowledge and experience of a programming language (we use PHP / Laravel)
- In-depth knowledge of web applications (we use Vue.js)
- Has strong technical background and good understanding of software engineering – agile processes, release management, version control
- Experience and understanding with various RESTful APIs
- Experience working with micro service style architectures
- Experience with data warehouses and ETL architecture
- Has leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Is excellent at project management
Support for you, professionally and personally
- International work environment: We are building our platform for markets like the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK with the help of a young, talented and enthusiastic team.
- A product that grows: We are big believers in creating what matters. With us, you will have no come-and-go projects, but rather work on a constantly growing and improving platform in a tight-knit team environment, which you will become an important part of.
- A place for innovation and ideas: Become a part of our extraordinary W team that ideates and delivers next-generation solutions enabled by new technologies and dips fingertips in the waters never explored before.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We empower team initiatives and support professional development with training and regular feedback.
- A connected team: None of us is as smart as all of us. That’s why we leave our egos at the door and focus on collaboration in bringing out-of-box solutions to our customers. We encourage idea generation and celebrate our achievements in team events.
- Flexible work environment: An option to hop between offices in Vilnius and Klaipėda, as well as an ability to work remotely.
- Gross salary starting from 5700 EUR/month